Molli Megan was born on Thursday January 21st at 2:22 pm weighing 7 lbs 12 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long. In terms of time, my labor was not long at all, but it felt like it took forever to really get started. My pitocin drip was started at 8:30, and by one I was ready for my epidural. She's such a good baby (knock on wood, I don't want to jonx myself). I was able to leave the hospital on Friday afternoon. Things are going well at home with her. The only ones getting enough sleep are Molli and Declan though. At first, we couldn't get Molli to sleep any other way besides one of us holding her, so for the first week I slept on the couch while holding her. Then we were able to get her to sleep in her boucy seat, and I've finally been able to sleep in our room again while Molli sleeps in her bouncy seat propped up in her pac n play. Hopefully we can get her out of her bouncy seat soon! I took her to her 2 week check up yesterday, and she's grown to 21 3/4 inches, and is up to 8 lbs 8 oz. That puts her in the 50th percentile for weight and 95th for height! Looks like we're going to have a tall girl! We're very thankful for her arrival. It's been an adjustment, but things are going well so far!
Declan has been doing well. The first week of January he was transitioned into a new daycare. So far, that has been the best decision we could have made. It was very stressful trying to find not only a daycare that he would be happy at, but one that would have room for Molli when I went back to work. We finally found one, and we love it. He comes home so much happier, he's talking more, and he's even singing a bunch of songs. He's been able to count to 6 although its hard to get him started. He's even used his potty once but now likes to fake us out by telling us he has to go, strips down, sits on it for 3 seconds and goes "all done". He's been doing excellent with Molli. he calls her "Bolli", "Baby" or "Sister". He gives her a kiss before he goes to school or bed, and sometimes asks to hold her (but this lasts for about 15 seconds). Other than that he really doesn't pay a whole lot of attention to her, and he hasn't been jealous of her (thankfully!). But Devin and I try to spend one on one time with him by playing trains or cars with him. Soo that's what we've been up to :-)
she was moving... that isn't her real weight

Nana and Molli

Goopa and Molli

Together as a family!
Our first family portrait.
Helping Daddy clean off the snow
Declan playing in Molli's bouncy seat. He thinks its pretty cool.
Declan's self portrait
Our little cool dude
Daddy and Molli
She's a thumbsucker!
One of the few pictures I have of her actually awake :-)
Giving Molli a kiss

Together as a family!


















No comments:
Post a Comment