This blog follows the life of our family. To new additions have completed our family. Our life is hectic, but I wouldn't change a thing!
Friday, January 1, 2010
Molli's room!!!
As one of my Christmas presents, Nana paid a woman to come and paint Molli's room for me. We chose a Lady Bug theme because Grandpa Brady calls Declan "Bugg" and now we're going to have a little "Lady Bugg". I went back and forth on a TON of different ideas on her room, and finally settled on this. I absolutly LOVE the way it turned out, and it was a lot of fun to work on. The painter lady came in and painted the walls white, then she came back and painted the trim and doors red, along with the red stripe. She thought we were kind of weird when we said we wanted the diamonds in the red stripe, but she did an awesome job. When she was finished, I went in and put the black spots on. The lady bugs and flowers in the diamonds are little wooden thingies that I found at hobby lobby and Walmart. Then I painted the lady bugs on the light switch and outlet plates along with her light, and also the 2 lady bugs that are framed (they aren't the best renditions of lady bugs but they still turned out cute! Then I found the flowers for the walls and the lady bug curtain tie backs online As far as the letters for her name go, I found soe small wooden letters at Hobby Lobby, then I Mod Podged tissue paper over them and made tissue paper flowers. Then I put ribbon on the back an hung them with little lady bug clips that I found at the hospital gift shop of all places! BUT, the BEST part of the room are the valances that my friend Allison made!!! She did an amazing job and I can't even tell you how much it really tied the room together (not to quote the Big Lebowski or anything). They just really made the room!!!! The finishing touch was the black area rug... not exactly what I wanted, but the hardwood floors are too cold and noisy! Anyhoo, enjoy the pictures! I had a blast working on it and I'm so happy with the way it turned out!!!

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The room looks awesome!
OH MY GOSH ANGIE!!! That room is SO CUTE :-D I absolutely love it. What a great idea. You're so creative!
Poo! I love the room! I am getting so excited for you guys and Brandon keeps asking me (just about everyday) "when's she going to pop?" and I just laugh. I can't wait to meet her!
Post a Comment