Monday, February 16, 2009

Hockey weekend...

This weekend was our trip to Grand Rapids to cash in on Devin's Christmas present from Jake. We got to go see the Red Wings play in Detroit. This weekend was a blast. We left Friday night after we go out of work. We knew it was going to be a long night, but we figured it would be best because Declan would be tired after daycare and would sleep on the way there. We were right! He slept almost the whole way. We stopped once near Chicago and stretched our legs and got some dinner. We let him walk around and burn some more energy and he slept the rest of the way to Grand Rapids. We got in around 1:30am ET and Declan was wide awake then. We stayed up for a while so he could play and get a bottle. Grandpa Brady was home from work so he stayed up with us too. Saturday was a busy day. We went to see Great-great Grandma Angie at Porter Hills. It's always good to see her. She just celebrated her 99th birthday and is still going strong!! She's amazing! Unfortunatly Declan wasn't feeling well, so she didn't get to see him for very long. We had to go to Meijer to get him some Motrin since he was running a fever. While we were there Jake and I got Red Wings gear for everyone so we could go to the game all decked out! After that, we stopped by Grandma and Grandpa Alberta's for a few minutes to let uncle Jake get some things. Declan was running all over the house checking everything out. Then we had some lunch and headed back out to the lake to spend the afternoon and evening with Great Grandma and Grandpa Brady. Sunday was insane! We had to quick get ready and get packed so we could go get Declan set up at Grandma and Grandpa Alberta's house. Then we spent a little bit of time with them before we met back up with Grandpa Brady for the game. Declan stayed with G&G Alberta. We had a blast at the game, but to be quite honest, the Red Wings were not playing well. The Avalanche scored in the first 16 seconds of the game. The next period, it only took the Avalance 23 seconds to score! The Wings came back and tied things up at 5-5, but lost in a shoot out. Regardless, we had a good time. I also found out that I in no way can tolerate Bud Light. I was SO sick that I could hardly MOVE! I only had 1 too! I slept all the way home! OOoh well. We got home around 11:30 from the game. Declan apparently had a blast with G&G Alberta, and he was sound asleep by the time we got back. This morning we packed up again real quick and met Great Grandma and Grandpa Brady for breakfast, then we hit the road. Once again Declan was excellent in the car, slept a lot of the way. So that was our crazy weekend! Here are some pictures! (Sorry, the pictures go in reverse order. I forgot that they load this way.)


After breakfast










Stupid Avs make a goal during the shootout...


Devin and I at the Game.


Dad and I.


This one is for you Allison!


23 seconds in the second period, the Avs make thier second goal!

Faceoff


YAY Wings!

jake


This is what little boys do at 2 in the morning.


Nice Hat.



Great Great Grandma Angie and Declan.





I forgot to mention that on Friday the daycare had a Valentine party. This is (from left to right) Kellan, Emily, and Delia. I left the camera for them to take pictures at the party.



Declan at Daycare



There are usually more kids that this, but this is the daycare class. Jen and Jackie are the teachers.








No comments: