Today for Mother's day we decided that we would go to the Milwaukee Zoo. Mothers were free, which was awesome! Declan was able to take a nap on the way down, and was gearing to go by the time we got there. At first, we had him walking, but he was more interested in WHO was around instead of the animals, so eventually we either carried him or put him in the stroller. Nana went with us and we all had a great time. Declan's favorite thing was the pony rides. We ended up taking him on them twice because he had so much fun. He also showed a lot of interest in the Apes and Primates, along with the fish exhibits. Devin and I have already decided to plan a trip to the Shedd Aquarium sometime this summer. Declan also really liked the Peacocks. They are ALL over the zoo, and aren't that shy. They come very close to pick up little bits of food. It was pretty busy, and luckily all the kids left them alone for the most part. Our last activity was a train ride around the park. He thought that was pretty neat! By the time we were done we were POOPED, but we had a blast!

On the way in...

We stopped really quick to look at some hats since Declan had grown out of his last one...

Sporting his new hat...

Apparently I was pretty excited about something...

Pointing at a peacock...

The Lion seemed pretty annoyed by all the kids trying to get his attention. One kid was pounding on the glass saying "Come eat me!".... If only....

I don't think this tiger was comfortable...

This poor elephant just rocked back and forth. I think he was bored. The other one was trying to reach nearby branches.

Pretty content hippos....

Snack time!

In the Reptile house...

On the Train!

We had to bundle up. It got pretty chilly!

The favorite activity of the day!

He really enjoyed the horses.

This pony's name was Warren!
1 comment:
Yipee-i-o-ki-ay...Another cowboy in the family! I can hardly wait until I can have the little ones come ride with me someday! Aunt Calamity Jan
Post a Comment