Monday, May 11, 2009

Bunny Rescue..,.

So I was out mowing the lawn tonight, and when I got to the front, there was an unexpected surprise. In fact, I was really close to running him over! It was a baby bunny that was tucked away in the grass. I looked all over for other bunnies, or a nest, but didn't see anything. Devin and I scooped him up in a box and covered him with grass. All of the websites we found said not to offer food or water as they need a special diet. I had to call a couple of different rehabilitation specialists before I found one that got back to me. She said if his eyes are open and ears up (although his ears are down in the picture because he was scared) that he was ready to be on his own. It was hard to let him out there to fend for himself, but she assured me that all bunnies come out to feed at night and that he would most likely find his mother then. Devin set him back out front under a bush. We checked on him an hour later, so I'm hoping he'll grow to be a big, happy bunny!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Could have called me Angie. I could tell you what to do with that hasenpfeffer! Aunt Calamity Jan