Thursday, September 10, 2009

Flat Tire...

So as Devin was taking me to work on Tuesday (my truck was out of commission because the alternator went out.) We started hearing this really funny noise. It got so bad that we decided to pull over and check it out. Turns out we had a flat tire! Thank goodness it didn't happen to us while we were traveling! So poor Devin was out there in his nice slacks and shirt changing the tire. Of course, no one stopped, but everyone seemed to drive by with a look of "huh, that sucks". Very different from the Yoop. When I had a flat tire there, like 4 people offered to help. Things aren't like that around here! Anyway, we found out that it was a cracked air tube, and they replaced it for $10, which I thought was a pretty sweet deal. Devin put his old tire back on and Declan seemed very interested in helping :-)... Oh yeah, just wanted to mention that Devin changed the alternator in my truck! WOO! That saved some moolah too!!! I also sent him on his first rumage sale excursion where we scored a crib and mattress for $35!! It needs to be repainted, but that will give Devin and I project to do. We also got an infact bouncer seat for $3 and a couple of random toys for Declan, one of which is a kitchen set that we're going to save for Christmas. Sooooo that was our bonus for the week! We're going to go to Appleton this weekend to the children's resale shop to see if we can score anymore awesome deals!




1 comment:

megegghede said...

I didn't even know this blog existed! I'm so glad you posted it because now I can keep major track of you guys! Declan is so cute...cute enough that I made Brandon watch the video! :)