
This blog follows the life of our family. To new additions have completed our family. Our life is hectic, but I wouldn't change a thing!
Sunday, August 16, 2009
Playing catch up...
It's been a while since I updated the blog, so here is a quick run down of what we've been up to. In Mid July, we went to the county fair that happens to be right down the road from us. Declan really enjoyed feeding the animals at the petting zoo and riding the ponies. They even had a tortoise that was 115 years old. He was neat, and no one could touch him which was good. I think Declan wanted to ride him though! Then, Uncle Jakey spent a week with us, which was really fun. Declan got a nice break from daycare, and seemed to really enjoy the company. He even learned to say "Jakey". Grandpa Brady came later that week and spent the whole weekend with us. We didn't do much of anything because it was so hot, but he did bring a sprinkler for Declan to play in, and he seemed to enjoy that. Other than that, we haven't been up to much this summer. This past weekend was pretty warm, so we set up Declan's pool in the front yard to play with. We've been enjoying the outdoors a lot, and Declan seems to really favor his bubble mower right now as opposed to his other outdoor toys. The last couple of pictures is a cake that I decided to make. It was my first experience with Fondant, and I have to say, it's not as easy to use as it looks!!! I was thinking that I would take it to work, but it turned out pretty bad.... The pictures make it look really nice, but there were a couple of cracks in the fondant in the back of the cake that I couldn't seem to fix (they are conveniently not pictured. :-)) Soo, that's the scoop of what we've been up to lately.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment