Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Burger King...

Today was a typical Saturday for us. We did some chores while D was playing or eating or napping. We went out to lunch to Burger King, and on all of thier high-chairs they have a BK crown. This was Declan's first experience wearing one of these. He was pretty tolerant of it. Generally if anything is on his head he pulls it off, so we don't have much luck with hats. He tugged at it every once in a while but for the most part he left it alone.




He took a loooooong nap this afternoon. The first time he went down I don't think he really slept. He got up, demanded a bottle then immediatly went down for a 2 hour nap. Sally watched him this evening so Devin and I could go out to a movie. We went to see Role Models (which is HILARIOUS! Highly recommended!). By the time we got home he was already in bed. Poor guy was all tuckered out. This is how we found him when we got home.
On another note, Devin and I were just thankful to make it home in one piece. There is something about Wisconsin, and everyone goes to the bars. Everyone also thinks that it's okay to drive after they've had a "few" But see, in Wisconsin a "few" is A LOT. We stopped by McDonalds to grab a bite to eat, and we followed this guy who was in the drive thru. There is approximatly 20 feet between the order speaker and the first window. This guy went like 20 miles an hour around the corner and came to a screeching halt at the window. Of course he couldn't even drive in a straight line and was crooked by the time he got to the window. His passenger was crawling over him and hanging out the window, and he was waving money at the window even though the attendant wasn't there. Then he pulled up to the next window in much of the same fashion. Couldn't seem to get there fast enough, or in a straight line. Soooo I decided to report him to the police. They said they'd keep an eye out on him. We tried to follow him to at least see which way he was going. After almost taking some guy out in the parking lot, he turned out onto the main road and took off in a speeding frenzy. We lost him after that, but Devin and I were so paranoid driving home that we were checking every intersection to make sure that someone wasn't going to come flying through a red light (also a frequent occurance in Wisconsin). So that was our excitement for the night. I'm glad Declan wasn't with us. I'd be EXTRA paranoid about that. I'm glad that he was home with his Nana all tucked in!

No comments: